Current job openings will be posted below when available. Please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Geneva Historical Society
543 South Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Docents at Rose Hill Mansion
Docents are key members of a small team that is responsible for the ongoing interpretation of Rose Hill Mansion. Under the direction of the Education Coordinator at Rose Hill, docents connect with visitors and give them the best experience as possible. Since Rose Hill’s open season is May through October, the positions are seasonal and part-time.
- Conduct tours of Rose Hill Mansion for people of all ages.
- Assist with managing of the Carriage House Visitor Center and Gift Shop. Duties include, but are not limited to, welcoming visitors, selling tickets and other merchandise, maintaining attendance records, answering the phone and providing information to visitors (recommending restaurants, giving directions, etc.).
- Assist with other Geneva Historical Society programs and fundraising events as assigned by the Education Coordinator and Executive Director.
Training and Experience
- Previous experience teaching and/ or giving tours
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Enjoy interacting with the public