Current job openings will be posted below when available. Please send cover letter, resume and three references to:
Geneva Historical Society
543 South Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Facilities Manager is a key member of a team that collaborates in the effective operation of the Geneva Historical Society. He/she reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Historical Society’s properties (Geneva History Museum, Rose Hill Mansion, and Johnston House). The position requires basic knowledge of historic preservation standards and experience with the management of physical property. The position is part-time (up to 30 hours a week).
- Regularly examines the status of the Historical Society properties and maintains a schedule, in priority order, of maintenance related tasks to be accomplished.
- When possible uses his/her knowledge to make necessary, minor repairs.
- Manages construction projects by preparing scopes of work, locating and receiving bids (or negotiates work) and overseeing the work of independent contractors with regards to construction, repair, and maintenance of all facilities.
- Maintains a list of vendors of supplies and services and is the primary contact with those vendors.
- Prepares and implements an annual maintenance and capital projects budget for Historical Society’s properties.
- Serves as a member of the Property Committee
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Awareness of the need to maintain buildings in such a way as to maintain historical integrity of a site, while at the same time prolonging the life of the facility. This includes (but not limited to) a working knowledge of the methods and practices of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and security tasks.
- Experience working at a museum, historic site, or comparable setting preferred
- Experience in supervising outside contractors and consultants.
- Physical strength, stamina, and coordination to perform a wide variety of job tasks.
- A self-starter and team player who is motivated and able to manage time effectively.
- A friendly, polite and service oriented demeanor for professional interactions with the museum visitors.
Click here for a complete job description.