The Armory on Main Street
Geneva’s armory was built in 1892 and went through several expansions and changes. As technology made weaponry and vehicles larger, many New York State armories were moved out of downtown to suburban locations. Geneva’s armory still serves as the recruitment, training, and deployment center for its National Guard unit. It also served as a center for community concerts and sporting events until 21st-century security concerns limited public access to the building.
Created for 2013 Veteran’s Day event at the Armory