Group Tours at Rose Hill Mansion
Rose Hill Mansion, c/o Geneva Historical Society, 543 South Main St., Geneva, NY 14456
Rose Hill Mansion, 3373 State Route 96A, Fayette, NY
Phone for Group Reservations
Mansion Phone Line
315-789-3848, May 1-October 31
Geneva Historical Society office phone line
Hours of Operation
Rose Hill Mansion is open for tours May 1-October 31.
Group Admission Rates
- $8 per person
- Tour leader and bus driver may accompany the tour at no charge.
- Group tour rates are for a minimum of 10 people.
- Groups must be reserved in advance.
- To secure a reservation, a deposit of $50 is due one week prior to your visit. The balance is due the day of the tour.
- In order to make sure that we have sufficient staff and a clear time slot for a group’s visit, please notify us in advance if there are any changes in the number of people in the group, or if you need to change the tour time.
Touring the house
- Tour length: about 1 hour.
- Up to 15 visitors may tour the house with each guide. Groups enter the house at ten minute intervals, so schedule at least one hour 45 minutes for a 50-person tour.
- Those waiting to start, or finished with their tours, may watch a video about the restoration of the mansion, view exhibits in our visitor center, visit our gift shop, or walk the boxwood garden and grounds.
- A late arrival may cut a group’s tour short
Wine Tasting at Billsboro Tasting Room
Group tastings are available by appointment only. Please request a tasting when making your group tour reservation.
- Rose Hill is not fully handicapped-accessible; however, the first floor may be accessed via portable ramps through a rear entrance. Wheelchairs must travel over grass to get to the back door.
- Restrooms are not fully wheelchair accessible.
- The parking lots and paths are mostly gravel and the landscape is somewhat uneven, so we recommend wearing comfortable, non-slip shoes.
- Limited seating is available at points during the tour.
- Accessing the second floor requires climbing stairs. There are photos and information about the upstairs rooms available for anyone who cannot manage the stairs.
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns about accessibility before the day of your tour. We want to do all we can to accommodate your group’s needs.
Bus Entrance and Parking
- We recommend buses enter Rose Hill from the southbound side of Route 96A, as large tour buses have difficulty making a right turn from the northbound lane of 96A. Buses coming from the south can easily make a u-turn at a median break shortly after passing Rose Hill Mansion.
- The main entrance to Rose Hill is across from a break in the median dividing the north and southbound lanes of Route 96A. The driveway to Rose Hill is also divided by a median (topped with a sign and a lilac hedge). Inbound vehicles, especially tour buses, should enter on the south side (right side) of the divider and park in the bus loop in front of the Visitor Center. The north side of the driveway is the automobile exit, which does not provide sufficient turning radius for a tour bus.